TXT only: 780-232-4003
Please include Name & Number. Note that I may be with a patient.
708 Beach Avenue
Cold Lake, AB T9M 1G5
Contact (I may be with a Patient!)
780-232-4003 (text, please)
Open Every Day of the Year!
Holidays for December and January
Although Cold Lake Advanced Clinical Massage is open EVERY day of the year, specific Holidays are observed. If you wish to book for one of the Clinic Holidays (slightly different from Civic Holidays), you will be asked to pay the non-refundable fee in advance, usually by eTransfer - I will contact you after you make your booking to do so. Although most workers receive Time and a Half (150% of regular pay), and many receive Double Time (200% of regular pay for Holidays, my fees for Holidays are lower, at 140% of regular fees. While I do like my Holiday time, too, I also do my best to accommodate my patients, where possible. These requirements apply to the following Holidays for 2023 January through 2023 March:
JAN 01 - New Year's Day - Sunday
FEB 14 - Valentine's Day - Tuesday
FEB 20 - Family Day - 3RD MONDAY
MAR 17 - St. Patrick's Day - Friday
NOTE: POLICY for SAME DAY, BEFORE/AFTER HOURS Bookings
I am open Every Day of the year.
Bookings should be no earlier than the next day (24 hours),
However, if I am able to do so,
I will go out of my way to accommodate patients for
SAME DAY, BEFORE HOURS, or AFTER HOURS.
These appointments will ONLY be accepted with a
Non-Refundable 100% Pre-Payment made by eTransfer.
Apologies for any inconvenience that may result.
"I Help Your
Body, Spirit, and Soul
Feel, Heal, and Perform Better"™
Mine is a Holistic Approach
Pain, Posture, and Performance.
Cold Lake Advanced
Clinical Massage (.com)
This is a solo practitioner clinic
I am Roger Walker MMT RMT. I generally provide only a few types of treatments, though they can accommodate all types of issues (Pain, Posture, Mobility, Injury, Pre/Post-Natal, Sports, Lymphatic Drainage, Nerve Issues, Performance, Corporate Wellness, and much more). I no longer do treatments with instruments (Cupping, IASTM, Hot Stone, etc.) because with my modalities, they are no longer needed.
WHY CHOOSE ME AS YOUR THERAPIST?
1) RESULTS - I believe this should be the only real consideration. I tend to get many difficult cases, and still have successful outcomes. My modalities are very effective. As Canada's first Master Myoskeletal Therapist (MMT), I can treat anything a chiro, physio, or any other manual therapist can - just differently, possibly gentler and safer. I have never had a session without immediate results (though not always where the patient expects, due to having more issues than reported).
2) TOP DOG - In a class of nearly 50, where 50% failed even though they were thoroughly vetted in an intake interview, and the minimum to pass was only 70%, I was Top Student with a raw average of >99.25% in practical and theory, while in the midst of the most stressful time of my life. There are many other classes, and many other top students, though I am confident in saying it is unlikely you will find one with a higher average score.
3) SKILL STACKING - If you can't be Top Dog, you can try to be close by stacking your skills. That is, you get training in more than just the basics. This is actually supposed to be built into the career, with our associations requiring 10 Continuing Education credits per year. I am likely Top Dog here, also, as I have some 400 CE credits of training (about 40 year's worth), in my first 4 years. Plus, I have a Graduate Degree in Myoskeletal Alignment Therapy. (Since I cannot carry all my credits forward each year, I still have to take more and more training!) Most therapists scramble just to take the bare minimum of training on time.
4) SELF TEACHING/LEARNING - It's one thing to learn from others in formal settings. It's something completely different to have the discipline to teach yourself new skills. I have probably done almost as much self-teaching/learning as I have formal training, greatly expanding my exposure to various modalities.
5) CREATING SOMETHING NEW - It is a great thing to learn new skills and put them to use. I believe it is the pinnacle to take those skills, add experience, do your own research, and finally, create something completely new and useful. I have done just that to create not just one, but TWO new modalities. I'm not speaking of a mish-mash of everything I learned, or trademarking a name for a commonly known technique - my modalities are completely new approaches to treatment, looking for very specific outcomes. (This is also something I have done in previous careers.)
6) HOW BIG IS YOUR TOOLBOX? - I know of many therapists who brag about how big their toolboxes are. I take the opposite approach and find ways to pare down the tools that I need. In fact, I only use the same basic techniques taught in traditional table massage everywhere - I just use them a bit differently, for specific outcomes. The fewest tools with the broadest reach - the 80/20 Rule in action...
7) EVERYONE LOVES ME! - Actually, it's probably impossible to please everyone. However, some of my patients include Fighter Pilots and other Military, RCMP, Medical Doctors, Dentists, Nurses, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Other Massage Therapists, Owners and Managers of Spas and Clinics (and their Families), Teachers, Junior 'A' Hockey Players, Professional Athletes, Power Lifters, Weight Lifters, hard working Manual Laborers, etc. - a complete spectrum across all genders, all ages, and all backgrounds.
8) PASSION - This is one that my patients keep commenting on. I do what I love and I love what I do. As my personal mission includes building relationships and helping others, this comes through in what I do. (Several patients told me I have a soothing voice - really? (Blush!))
9) OPEN EVERY DAY - Literally open every day of the year! You must note that there is a surcharge for Holidays, and I will do my best to accommodate you, even before/after hours, if I can do so.
10) WHOLISTIC TREATMENT - This is "Whole Person," not woo-woo. This treatment is more effective because injury, issues, and conditions affect the whole body, even if you only hurt in one place.
11) LONGER SESSIONS - You might be able to find up to 2 hours elsewhere, as most therapists have neither the stamina nor enough creativity to do so (their words). However, I'm certain you will not find up to 4 hour sessions, as I give. A 60 minute full body session is very superficial. Good work takes time. Invest in yourself.
12) LONGER LASTING RESULTS - Most people find a commodity massage helps them to feel good for an hour or two after. My patients report feeling good and seeing improvements for 1-2 days to 1-2 weeks afterwards (2 hour MAT(E)™ session), as well as fuller healing of injuries and issues with regular sessions.
13) COMBINED TREATMENT/ASSESSMENT - My massage association wants me to perform a separate assessment using the same diagnostics as doctors, physios, and chiros use. However, this is very time consuming, is seldom very accurate, and usually does not change the treatment anyway. With my MAT(E)™ modality, the treatment is the assessment. Save time and gain accuracy!
14) DIRECT BILLING & DISCOUNTS - If you have massage insurance, I can usually bill them directly, in only a few minutes. However, if you have no insurance, I offer a 10% discount (which you must ask for!). Receipts for discounted sessions cannot be used for insurance purposes.
15) DEALING WITH COVID, ETC. - Infections that may be transmitted through the air are not a concern. The treatment room uses a UV light between sessions, and a medical grade HyperHEPA Full Premises Air Purifier that catches particles 100x smaller than a virus. (AHS has NO air purification requirements or standards!) There are 2 other air purifiers/filters on the premises. No mask required.
But don't think I'm trying to steal anyone else's business. In fact, if you are getting results and what you need from your current therapists, stay with them! It can be difficult to find the right match, so if that relationship works for you, stay with it! However, if you don't yet have a therapist, aren't getting what you want or need, or maybe want to get even more, I invite you to consider getting some treatments from me.
What My Patients are Saying:
I see your passion and drive and am very impressed with your skills. My hips and low back feel fantastic after your treatment! [...] I absolutely admire you as a person and practitioner. [...] you have amazing treatment methods
I’m Back! Born in Cold Lake, 3rd generation Cold Lake Military,
traveled the world to learn and develop useful skills,
and now returned for the Benefit of My Hometown Community!
MAT(E)™ is a SAFE, GENTLE, & EFFECTIVE Complement or Alternative to Chiro, Physio, and Other Manual Therapies.
Using the same basic techniques taught in massage schools everywhere, I developed a new modality called “Myoskeletal Alignment Therapy (Extended)”™. It builds on the principles of Myoskeletal Alignment Therapy – I am the ONLY Master Myoskeletal Therapist (MMT) in Alberta - Canada’s first, actually. My treatments are characterized by Slow, Intentional, Gentle, and Pain-Free techniques. Where traditional massage is mostly push, my MAT(E)™ treatments are a more balanced combination of Compression, Range of Motion, Mobility, and Passive Movement, and More.
Rather than treat your muscles directly, I help you to influence your Autonomic Nervous System (ANS), which operates without your direct control. Various injuries and dysfunctions will cause pain and compensations that slow healing. My treatments influence your ANS to ease up on your body tissues so that they may realign, function properly, and heal faster. I find that a holistic approach (Whole Person, not Woo Woo) tends to work better than completely focused treatment – I suspect that the body stays in better sync that way. I only do Evidence Based Treatments, and Nothing Invasive. I also have an Extensive Network of experts and researchers that I can call upon, if your needs require it.
What is MAT(E)™ good for? Interestingly, just about everything! If they make their treatments and homework a priority, my Patients get excellent outcomes. I have successfully taken on several challenges, as well. My passion is to help people to heal themselves.
Clinical doesn't mean Stuffy!
Even Advanced Clinical treatments are relaxing in this laid back location. The Treatment Room has a picture window view of the Cold Lake!
Get your life back, on your terms...